As many of us embark on our ‘new year, new me’ health and fitness journeys, it is important to consider the bad habits
that may be holding us back.
Here, True Brawn Movement share five bad habits you need to break before embarking on your health journey:
1. Late night snacking – Eating late will result in your body storing the slowly digested food as fatty calories. Ideally, you should leave a few hours between eating and going to bed to give yourself time to keep your metabolism going to digest your last meal.
2. Excessive alcohol consumption – Now the festivities are over for another year, it is time to knuckle down and practice some mindful drinking. Some alcohol, such as wine, is extremely calorific and can hinder the progress you are making towards living a healthier lifestyle.
3. Self-deprecation – It’s time to start speaking to yourself and your body in a positive way. Constantly putting yourself down will only lead to a negative perception of yourself – health is not just about your physical strength and stamina. It’s important to keep a positive mindset in order to feel healthier overall.
4. Neglecting hydration – Drinking water is so important in maintaining a healthier lifestyle as water makes up around 60% of our bodies. It helps keep you focused for longer, stabilises your mood and clears toxins from the body. Make a conscious effort to drink more water and you will reap the benefits!
5. Skipping meals – Skipping meals can actually lead to weight gain. Starving your body will cause it to store any food you later consume as fatty calories. Eating three balanced meals a day will help set you up for a healthier lifestyle.
MORE ON TRUE BRAWN MOVEMENT
True Brawn Movement was founded by Jonny in February 2020. His mission is to show men how to lose stubborn belly fat and build real muscle without bland boring diets or spending hours in the gym every day. Jonny understands how to give men their ultimate physique due to an extensive knowledge of the human body, achieved from his medical training within the military and many years in the fitness industry as a men’s coach. True Brawn Movement focus on huge transformations and how to maintain them, rather than supplying individuals with results that aren’t sustainable.
Clients are invited to an initial conversation with a head coach before embarking on a personalised strategy that will transform both their bodies and lives.