This episode of the COVID-19 Series will feature an interview with Sir Jeremy Farrar, Director of the Wellcome Trust.
In an interview with Professor Sir Simon Wessely, the two will discuss topics including the latest news on vaccines, international developments, if it is possible for governments to really “follow the science”, and whether we can live with this virus, and what that might mean.
- Date and time: Thu 12 Nov 2020 from 12:30pm to 1:15pm
- Location: Online Register to join Episode 50 ‘Vaccines and living with the virus’ on Zoom here.
Sir Jeremy Farrar OBE FMedSci FRS
Director, Wellcome Trust and former Director, Oxford University Clinical Research Unit, Vietnam;
Disclaimer: All views expressed in this webinar are of the speakers themselves and not of the RSM nor the speaker’s organisations.
Special rates for difficult times
The RSM wishes to offer healthcare professionals continued learning opportunities during the coronavirus pandemic. The RSM’s weekly COVID-19 Series webinars remain free of charge, while there will be small charges to register for other online education. These fees will enable the RSM to continue its programme of activities and will apply during the course of the pandemic.
This webinar will be recorded and stored by the Royal Society of Medicine and may be distributed in future on various internet channels.
- The Golden Age of Melancholy, Royal Society of Medicine Library - 16th January 2023
- Health experts fear impact of deteriorating hostile environment - 26th February 2022
- Update on cancer genetics, epigenetics and resulting therapeutics - 11th January 2022