The kidney and beyond webinar will take place on Sat 5 Sep 2020 from 1:30pm to 6 Sep 2020 at 10:00am
This unique collaboration between the UK Renal Association SpR Club and The Royal Society of Medicine Nephrology Section, will explore issues of multi-system dysfunction and multi-morbidity in kidney diseases.
For the first time, the SpR Club will be hosting one of its biannual weekend meetings online with an exciting international line-up of expert speakers. This format has allowed us to open our doors to nephrology trainees and fellows across the globe to join in the learning in a relaxed and comfortable environment.
The traditional SpR Club Saturday evening quiz will continue online with the opportunity for networking, and to get to know colleagues from elsewhere.
This 2 day webinar will cover:
- Understanding how genes work
- The evidence (and non-evidence) in the management of COVID-19
- RAS blockade and AKI: before and after
- How to formulate a reasoned argument for or against screening for coronary artery disease in candidates for kidney transplantation
- The challenges involved in kidney transplantation in people with HIV and sickle cell disease and how these challenges may be overcome
- Issues relating to the management of obesity in kidney disease and identifying potential solutions
- The role of stratified medicine in the management of diabetes and how this can improve outcomes
Applied for free CPD.
We would like to thank our sponsor Napp Pharmaceuticals Ltd for their financial support covering the running costs of this webinar. Please note that the scientific programme and content has not been influenced in any way by the sponsor.
- Call for wasted millions to be redirected - 28th October 2020
- RSM Presidential address: “The changing shape of the Goddess of Fertility”, the impact of globesity in the gynaecologist’s world - 21st October 2020
- Covid-19: Pooled testing among recommendations to fix test, trace and isolate system - 16th October 2020